My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Monday, September 26, 2005

More investments

Once you have eniough food for yourself and to use for barter, enough ammo for yourself and to use for barter and a small piece of land if necessary, it is time for some other investments. My personal favorite is silver. I suggest silver before gold because it is less per ounce and will probably be easier to use during a barter type situation. At five or six hundred dollars per ounce it will be hard to have small enough denominations to take care of every day needs. Add to this the fact that the smaller the denomination, the higher the premium you will pay when purchasing them. Ten one-tenth ounce gold coins cost a lot more than a single one ounce coin. With silver you do not have quite the same problem. the first silver I suggest is pre-1964 coins. These are still fairly reasonable if you do not care about numismatic value. I purchased mine by the roll, but if you can afford to buy them by the bag, it is even cheaper. As silver takes up quite a bit of storage space, once you have a couple of hundred dollars in coins, you may want to start purchasing one ounce silver bars or rounds. The common ones are very reasonable, going for just over the spot price of silver. If you are living in or near q city large enough to have a fairly large coin dealer, try to do your buying there. Sometimes shipping and insurance can cost more than the silver. If you are in the financial area where you have enough money, after you have several hundred dollars worth of silver, you may want to add some gold to the mix. But the one-half and one ounce common coins and hold it for larger purchases. I have never reached to point where I had the financial wherewithal to buy gold. I have been doing survival investment counciling since the 70's and have yet had anyone lose money on my advice. They may not make as much on paper as in the stock market, but they did not lose anything when the market took a dump either. If you are just starting out, start with the food and ammo and continue on from there. No one knows how far they will get in the investments before the ship hits the sand, but no matter how far you get, it will be better than where you are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home