My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Why me?

I said Fri. that I would let you know why I consider myself qualified to give survival advice. I got into the original survival movement at its infancy. I started in 1975 and after figuring out that I could not afford survival in the way it was then being preached I started looking for different ways of doing things, because I did not believe survival was for the very rich only. I lived in a small pickup camper set on blocks, for a year after my first divorce. While doing that I learned many things. I married again and in 1989 started my own survival newsletter. In 1990 I was divorced again and living in a one room apartment; time for more experimentation. My ex "lost" my mailing list on her computer, so other than my current subscribers I had no list. In 1991 I shut down the newsletter and began to write short books and booklets. In 1993 I married again and moved to a small survival farm: 35 acres where my wife and I raised virtually all of our own food. I continued writing and publishing books and wound up with about 16 titles. they ranged from 8 to 100 pages and covered many aspects of survival. In 1997 my wife took sick and after four surgeries, we sold the farm and moved to our present location. I also took early retirement so I could do much of the housework as she was not able. Here we have five acres of woods. We raise a large garden and I hunt and fish for much of our meat. We are living on fixed income, so I need to come up with ways to save money on normal living expenses. I even find myself going back to my own books to recall different things I learned along the way. As you can see, I have lived the survivalist lifestyle for 30 years so I hope I have learned along the way. What I have learned are the things I will be trying to share on this blog. If we have enough time before the ship hits the sand I hope to help at least some of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home