My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Investments

Survivalists do not invest like regular Wall Street investors. The first thing you should invest in is land. That is unless you already live in what you consider an ideal survival location. I am not talking about hundreds of acres or even possibly several acres. i am talking about just enough to survive on if the unthinkable should happen. An acre or two that you can camp on in the event that you need to is sufficient. If you can find a place cheap enough and have the money to do so a "vacation" place is okay. What you want is someplace to go that you can call your own in the event of a major catastrophe, be it terrorist attack, natural disaster, financial meltdown or any other survival situation. You want this land in an area that you feel wil be safe from looters, government intervention, etc. If the land has a building on it, so much the better, if not that is okay, you can work on getting on there. Having a camper or even a tent to put there is the next best thing. I personally have a fold down camping trailer sitting in my yard and an acre of land two hours away. My home is still morgatged, so if a financial meltdown comes and they forclose, my wife and I still have something. I can load my guns and food in the van, hook up the trailer and in two hours be on my own property. These are things that everyone should look at and plan for. It will be different with each one and there is no way I could say exactly what to do unless I were to talk to each one individually. Maybe some of you, if you cannot afford land right now might want a tent or small camper and could get away to a national forest or other wild area. There are many that are large enough to get lost in for a long time. This would take knowledge of how to fend for yourself in the wild, which is something I will get into at a later date. Next: further investing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home