My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Investments cont.

Getting back to investments, after you have your bills under control, and possibly have some land purchased to head for should the need arise, you may want to think about other investments. If things really get bad, we go into a barter society. This would not be all bad al those of us who are true survivalists would be prepared for that situation. The first thing you want to consider for barter is food. Hopefully all survivalists are the type of people that can raise, hunt and otherwise procure their own food. I keep a two year supply of food on hand. This ranges from frozen, to canned, to dried, to mre's. This would take me through an extended period of time when it was not possible to raise or orthewise procure my own food. Things such as war, rioting, etc. that would interfere with my present way of life and cause me and mine to have to move or spend our time defending what is ours. I feel that under most survival conditions I would have much of this food to use as barter. The other aspect of having this food is that I could help out other people, (kids, grandkids, etc.), and in turn they could assist me in many ways. The mre's are the last thing that I would use and the first thing that I would use for barter. Barter is about the only reason that I keep mre's in the first place. do not like them and feel that the only real reason to have them is their long shelf life. Even they have an expiration date so it is important that you use them from time to time and replace them. I dry much of my own food and this also needs to be rotated. The mre's or various brands of camping freeze dried food has a shelf life of from five to ten years, depending on the brand. Remember to use it up or otherwise get rid of it before it is no good. However, experation dates are not entirely accurate. They are set partly to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits. In a survival situation many people would not worry too much about the dates and you could still use them for barter. More next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home