My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Firearms

I was going to continue the investment advice but due to the fact that things look much worse today than they did a couple of weeks ago I am going to start jumping around trying to help those of you who wish to, to prepare. Most of what I will be writing will be taken from my book. "Sensible Affordable Firearms".
The first thing I will say is that I do not hold with the theory that survivalists need many guns and especially do not agree that these guns need to be semi-auto or especially full auto as some writers propose. My entire survival arsenal consists of bolt actions, and this includes shotguns. I know of people who have nothing but single shot guns. If that is what you are comfortable and what you can afford, that is what you should have. Next, I have not bought a gun new since 1968. That is when it became illegal to purchase guns mail order and when you had to start filling out paperwork for the government. All of my guns have been purchased from private parties. The one gun I had to fill out paperwork on was a Ruger 10/22 which I won at a gun show. This is my wife's gun along with a semi-auto 22 pistol. These are the only semi-autos that we own. What do I feel is needed? Start with the shotgun. This is the best all around weapon you can have. It is by far the best and safest home protection gun. It is hard to miss with double O buck at the range inside of most homes. You also will not be putting holes in the walls and if you live in an apartment, you will not need to worry about killing your neighbor with a stray shot. I would even suggest #2 shot for home protection. At the short indoor ranges it has plenty of killing power. The other reason for a shotgun first is that with a 12 or even 20 guage, you can harvest any animal or bird. This includes whitetail deer and black bear. I would not hesitate on larger animals such as moose with a 12 gauge in a survival situation. Your next weapon should be a .22 rimfire, followed by a larger caliber center fire and then if you want handguns a .22 rimfire revolver and a .357 or larger revolver. More on guns next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home