My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Surviving III

Surviving is not too hard if you prepare yourself. I had fishing eqipment, so fish were on my diet quite a bit. I dug worms right on my acre and went fishing. One of the first things I did was to borrow a roto-tiller and dig small garden. I could just as well have dug it by hand, but as long as there was a roto-tiller available to borrow, I took advantage. I used part of my small amount of money and purchased several packages of seeds and planted my garden. My garden was only about 200 square feet and all I had was beets, carrots, onions, radishes, lettuce and tomatoes. I planted this the first week I was there so I would have some vegetables as soon as possible. My fishing was limited at first as there was a trout stream about five miles away and that was the closest fishing available. I was short on money for gas at first, so some of my fishing was done on a small stream within walking distance that contained chubs and shiners, (minnows). I fished there a lot and kept and ate the largest ones. I also started walking the roads and picking up aluminum cans. I also picked up anything else that looked like it might be worth something. There was a flea market and auction together twice a month in a town twenty miles away. By June, I had enough stuff to warrent setting up there to sell. The other reason for going there was that the local food pantry was located in the same town. They were only open once a month and I needed what they would give me to get me through until my garden started producing. I used my aluminum can money for gas, sold almost everything I took to the flea market and used half the money at the auction to buy more to sell at the next market. At least once a week, I would go out and park along the highway and walk several miles picking up aluminum and anything else. I did all of my cooking outside, I slept with the door open and due to the fact that it faced east, was up with the sun every day. I had a 5 inch tv that plugged into the cig lighter of my station wagon. Each evening I would watch the local and national news to get the weather forcast and see what type of lies were being told nationally. This was the only hour each day that I used the tv and I rarely played a radio unless it looked like a storm might be coming. My only real recreation was reading. Everything else I did was for my survival. Next post I will finish up on this subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home