My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Economy

Throughout my many years of being a survivalist, I have prepared for many scenarios. The one I have prepared for the most and the one I always expected to happen is now coming. I have stated almost since I started advising other people on survivalism that the main thing to watch for was the economy to go south. The reason that this makes a real survival situation is that there is going to be rioting, looting and other nasty happenings. If it gets bad enough martial law will be declared. I began seriously telling people to look for the economy to go in the toilet as far back as 1989. I also said at that time, if we did not have a recession, when it finally came it would be much worse. there have been a half dozen times in the ensuing twenty years that we should have gone into recession. Each time the government worked it out so the recession would not happen. Now they are telling us that this is the worst situation this country has ever been in. It is at least the worst since the Great Depression. Once again the government is going to try to bail out the bankers and the economy. I do not believe it will work this time and if it does not, we are in for some real trouble.

The best I can do right now is to give the tried and true survival advice. For years I have advised all survivalists to have a two year supply of food on hand. It may be a little late to start, but if you do not yet have your supply, increase what you have as much as possible in the time left. Everyone that reads this blog knows what I have suggested for guns, ammo and other self-defense items. You also know my attitude on the bug-out possibility. If you fully intend to stay where you are, make sure that you can defend your home and everyone in it. Have back-ups for as much of your needs as possible. For instance, we now use electricity to cook. I have three camp stoves that will do the job if necessary. Two of these stoves are propane and the third is Colman fuel run. I have supplies of Coleman fuel and LP on hand. My heat will be all wood instead of the LP with wood back-up. We have enough canning equipment to can everything in our freezer if we wind up without electricity. I have a generator that will keep the freezer going until we get the canning done. For lighting I have a Coleman fuel lantern, two LP lanterns and numerous kerosene lamps. I also have a supply of kerosene to keep them going. I also have a kerosene cook stove and a kerosene heater. However, I do not believe that I have enough kerosene at the present time to use them. 

So you see, while we may not live like we are now, we can still live somewhat normally. I have two small TVs that run off 12v batteries as well as two of the camping refrigerators which also run on 12v. Between my solar/crank up radio and my TVs I should be able to keep up on the news, such as it is. Do I want this to happen? No way; I would like to keep everything as it is now. The only problem is that it will not stay that way. If we are going to have a depression, now is better than later. If we wait until later it will just be worse yet. The economy has to be able to correct itself and the sooner the better. Had it happened back in the late 1980s or early 1990s it would not have been nearly as bad and we would not be looking at a major depression as we are today. 

I am having a hard time writing this as I am waiting to see what is going to happen. My hope is that all of you that read this are ready. A true survivalist must be ready for anything at any time. I will be watching the economy closely and will put another entry anytime I feel trouble is coming. 

Before I go, there is one thing I would like to remind everyone of. I have been telling everyone to buy silver as it is going to go up. Well it went down a lot since I began writing about it. What does that mean? Personally, I think it is time to buy. It is as cheap as it has been for a long time. If you can get it for 10% over spot, buy all you can afford, I intend to.

Until next time; SURVIVE!!!
http://www.therealamericanpolitics.blogspot.com
http://www.realenvironmentalism.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home