My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Medical

With the advent of Obamacare, we need to also prepare for medical problems in our survival planning. It has always been necessary to have enough medical supplies and to know how to use them, with Obamacare in force it is even more important. One of the things I believe we all need to know now is how to find herbs in the wild and how to grow those that we need to grow. Here I am talking about medicinal herb, not the culinary type. You should know the culinary type also for your food supply, but the medicinal type are even more important.

I currently make a salve and ear drops. I did not get a start until last fall and I need to wait for summer to come and the herbs to start growing again. Actually, when making my salve, I had to purchase the comfry roots I needed. I also needed to purchase some beeswax to make it the consistency I wanted. I had the lard and the plantain that I needed and cannot grow the comfry until this year. Even then, you cannot use comfry roots until the third year. This means I will have to continue to purchase it until the plants that I am starting this year are ready.

There are many things that you can make that are totally safe and that will alleviate many of the problems that we may have. We also need to purchase as much first aid and medical equipment as possible. I am not sure at this point what is going to happen with our drugs and other medical supplies. I know that many medical devices are going to be taxed to make them much more expensive. If you feel you are going to need any of these items, now is the time to purchase them.

You should have a personal first aid kit for each member of the family. These kits can be the ones you purchase or you can make your own up. Even if you purchase one, you will need to add some things to it. You should include a few pills of any prescription medicine that the individual is taking. There may be other items such as a certain over the counter allergy pill that a person needs. This is one of the main reasons I make my own first aid kits up.

Every family should also have a very complete first aid kit or a medical kit. This should contain many items like sutures and special bandages along with medical tools. You will probably want to get only as much as you feel comfortable using. You may not feel ready to care for a bullet wound, but think about what you will do if some one receives on. You may want to study up on these things now so that you are ready if it happens. If it never happens, the knowledge will not hurt. This is true for learning about herbal medicine also. You may never need the knowledge, but if you do it will be too late when the ship hits the sand.

More next week. Until then check out my other two blogs at:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home