My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Attitude II

Another part of a survivalists attitude is their ability to improvise, innovate and make do. You need to look at something and see not only the use it was meant for, but many other possible uses for it. You need to be able to repair, mend and fix. In a survival situation you may have to do all of that with a lot less equipment than you now have. A lot of what I am trying to say comes under the heading of being super inquisitive. The more inqusisitive you are, the more you will learn before a real survival situation hits. Studying all of the latest, most expensive and so called best methods might not always be the best way to go. There are many so-called old fahsioned things that fit right in with the latest. When it comes to survivalism, newer is not always better. There are many old fashioned items and ways that may fit your survival situation better. Newer is not always better, you need to check both ways out and make an informed decision. Having an attitude of independence is also very important to survival. Those who depend on others for everything they do, would not make good survivalists. Even the person with enough money to pay other people to do what they want done might not make it. You see, in a survival situation, money may not be any good. To me a good survivalist may never know everything about anything, but they will know something about everything. Probably the most important part of a survivalist's attitude is that it be a good "positive attitude". I am many times accused of being very negative. This is due to the fact that I draw worst case scenarios as my reason for being a survivalist. I tend to see that as both pragmatic and positive. To believe that mankind has conquered all and that there will be no more wars, depressions or other major disasters, is a little like burying your head in the sand. To believe that government can solve any or all of these problems is even more foolish. The government may even be responsible for causing many survival situations such as war or depression. The positive aspect of these situations is that a good survivalist will be ready for any of these situations and know that they will be able to cope with them. We also believe that we can improve mankind's lot after a disaster, proviving they are willing to pull their own weight. To sum up my feeling in one sentance I would have to say: "A survival attitude is positive, pragmatic, innovative, inquisitive, independent and most of all forward looking." If this seems like a lot, sit down and take stock of yourself. I will bet that you will find a great degree of these attributes in your makeup. Why else would you even want to become a survivalist? Starting next post "Food for survival".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home