My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Depression

The title says it all: "Depression". That is what I see coming soon and what I believe we should prepare for. At this moment I do not know whether the congress and our pretendsident can get a plan together to raise the debt ceiling. Nor do I believe that it should be raised. However, that being said, I believe that if it is not, we are facing a major catastrophe. The stock market is already getting jittery and the demlicans are making all kind of threats. B. Hussein O. is threatening not to pay our Social Security and not pay the military. Everyone that follows things like that know that there is enough money coming in to make all of those payments plus the interest payments on the debt. However, we do not know what the fasciunists will actually do, so here is what I am going to be doing and suggest that all of you do.

If you are on SS or any other type of government pay, save any money you may have on hand. Just in case they are rotten enough to stop the payments. Make sure your food supply is where it should be. If you have been following my suggestions you will have a one to two year supply of food on hand. My supply is a little low right now but will be right up to par once my garden comes in. If you have not raised a garden this year you may have some other way of obtaining food. I know that not everyone has the space available to raise a garden. Another thing I hope that those of you who could raise a garden did and that is to use at least a portion of Heirloom seeds. These are seeds that are not hybrid and you can save seeds from the produce you harvest. I do not have everything in heirloom yet but I have several of the most important staples covered.

Another thing to do is to have your weapons ready and have a good supply of ammo. I hope it does not come to that but there may be looting and stealing if peoples government checks are cut off. Be ready to protect yourself, whether you are in the city or the country. If you have a garden be ready to protect it. It may take a few weeks and then food will be at a premium. Food is going to be at a premium this year anyway because of the drought in the west and southwest. Cattle are being sold off at a rapid pace in the southwest and that will mean higher prices for beef. To me that means that I will have to do more hunting and fishing than normal and provide even more of my own meat.

At this point I do not know whether to tell you to be ready to bug out or not. I am not sure how bad it will get or how long it will last. It may be that the fasciunists that control the presidency and senate will just do enough to really irritate the people who depend on the government and hope to cause the sensible politicians (that is a contradiction in terms) to cave in.

Look at what you would need to live and try to anticipate what will happen if you do not have money. Can you pay an electric bill, purchase your LP, obtain water or any other necessities? What can you do without and what must you have? Just because you live in the country and have your own well, do not feel confident that you will have water. If your electricity is shut off, how would you get the water out of the well? Do you have a backup plan. The least you should have is several rain barrels so that you could use that water. You might have to purify the water you drink, but that is not that much of a problem. If you live in the country, do you have an electric stove for cooking? Do you have backup? I currently have two LP camp stoves and a Coleman fuel camp stove and plenty of fuel for all of them. I also have an antique kerosene cook stove that could be put into use if need be. I do not have a lot of kerosene, but could do some cooking. What kind of fuel do you use for heat? Do you have a backup for that? Here again, we heat with LP but have wood backup and I have five acres of woods. Actually about four acres is woods that could be cut while the other acre is house, yard and garden. We have added apple trees to our yard and that will help us in the future. this is the first year they are bearing so we will not get much from them but we have a tree out on DNR land that we know about. It was where there was an old farm that the state bought. The tree still produces and we have made all of our applesauce from it for the last two years.

Those are some of the things you need to think about if we go into a depression. As I said earlier in this blog, make sure your weapons are ready and you know how to use them. I hope that it does not come to that but fear that it might. If it does come to that it will be because someone in government wants it to. Just something else to use to get their own way. This country is currently a fasciunist country and will soon become a communist country if we do not do something about it. Get ready, keep your powder dry and remember, the USA is supposed to be a Representative Republic. We need to to whatever it takes to keep it that way. Prepare now and survive later. Check my other blog next week to see how I could get the government back on solid financial footing.


And check my web store for silver investments and survival information books and mags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home