My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Investments

Survival investments are a lot different than the normal investments most people make. Think about the scenario that you feel is most likely to cause a survival situation. Now ask yourself if stocks, bonds, and IRA or any of the other "normal" investments would be of immediate help. The only scenario I can come up with in which they would help is in a natural disaster, and even then, they may take a while to convert and the stock market usually drops after a disaster anyway. This means that we need to look at survival investing in an entirely different light.

Let me preface my suggestions with a short statement. I make no hard and fast recommendations. I offer suggestions and let the individual survivalist pick and choose what they feel is best for them. I have been doing my own investing for over thirty years and have been advising others for just over twenty. In all of that time neither I nor any one I advised has ever lost any money. My own investments have gained in value as have most of the people's that I advised. One gentleman actually became a millionare by taking my advice. He started out with much more than I had and chose the right investments. I also made money at that time just not as much. I have also cashed in my investments once because of a divorce and had to start over. I will get more into the man that made a million later in the article. Having said all of that, let's get into the investing.

One of the things that I suggest that you put some of your investment money into is food. That's right; food. Once you have your own two year personal food supply and you still have some money left over, go out and buy a few cases of freeze dried food. Buy MREs or the freeze dried camping food, it does not make any difference. In just about any scenario where survival is important, there are going to be people who did not prepare and need food. You will be able to sell or barter (depending on the scenario) your food for what you need. The worst thing that can happen is that you will have to eat your investment. In that case you will not be spending any money on food so you will probably come out ahead anyway. The reason for freeze dried shoud be self-explanitory. There is a long shelf life on freeze dried food. You can actually just about double the life stated on the package.

The next thing we want to look at as an investment is ammo. Ammo, like food, is something that people that are not survivalist will probably not have. Once again, you will be able to barter for whatever you need. I would, (and do) keep mostly .22 ammo. This is the only gun many people have and these are the people that probably will not have any when the ship hits the sand. Next I would probably hold shotgun shells. Twelve gauge would be best as that is the most popular gauge. That is unless you have a twenty gauge and do not have a twelve gauge. You see, I would never hold any ammo that I did not have a gun to use it in if nothing happened or I could not get rid of it. The same goes for center-fire ammo, hold extra of what you shoot. Ditto for handgun ammo. As I said, .22 ammo is the best thing to keep for barter. There are many reasons that we might need them. Too many to get into here.

There are also many every day products that can be used for barter and could be held as an investment. Things like salt, sugar, coffee, tea, bath soap, tooth paste, tooth brushes, shaving cream, razor blades, and the list could go on and on. Most of these things will never go bad and can be held for years. One great item to hold would be toilet paper. The problem with TP is that it takes up so much room that most of us do not have the space to store it. It is one product that when people run out of, they will pay dearly to obtain.

These are the things I always recommend that people invest in first. These are all things that we all use. Should you decide that nothing is going to happen, you can use these items up yourself. With most of these items, if you hold them for even a couple of years, inflation will have made them more expensive and you will gain on your investment in that way. Next week I will go into my final three investments. STAY TUNED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home