My Photo
Name:
Location: Necedah, Wisconsin

I am retired from the work world and do freelance writing. I have served in the armed forces and worked in various industries. I have worked for both political parties and found them both to be lacking. After watching politics for a long time I came to all new conclusions.This is why I got into survivalism and why I am warning people of the politics of this country. I also am tired of people crying the sky is falling. They are actually saying mankind is causing global warming. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to try to disprove the garbage they are putting out.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Things To Do 2

As I stated last entry, I believe that things are coming to a head. The terrorists are threatening to us WMDs and the financial world has not improved. We now have a man who is quite possibly a muslim (I believe he is) running for president running against a man who loves invading aliens and wants a one world government. All of these things are going to make this a very interesting summer to say the least. We are also having some severe weather and that is another thing to prepare for. In fact, this is one thing you should always be prepared for.

Preparing to survive tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, wildfire, hurricanes or other natural disasters is a little different than preparing for anarchy, war or depression. However, it is just as important if not more so. Natural disasters are happening in many places and they happen every year somewhere, so preparing for them is vitally important.

The first thing to do is decide what type of natural disaster is most likely to occur in your area. Here in the Midwestern U.S. a tornado is the most typical unless you live along a major river and then it could be a tornado or a flood. The west coast is known for its earthquakes while the east coast is known for hurricanes. Wildfires are mostly in the western U.S. but have also hit Florida and other states. Survival preparation for any of these pretty much follows the same lines.

The first thing you need is emergency radios to keep up with the weather. You also need an emergency radio for information gathering. Everyone, no matter where they live, should have a two week supply of food, water, toilet paper and other necessities. This should include a good first aid kit and your prescription medicine. If you live in an area where you are warned in time to evacuate, having a camper ready to go with all supplies in it is not a bad idea. You may also want a supply of candles, some batteries and battery operated lights, spare batteries for radios and other battery operated equipment. I have one of the emergency radios that can be run by winding a crank, by solar charging or by batteries. I believe that this is the best type of radio to have. You may want to bury much of your supplies away from the house in case the house is destroyed.

Firearms are another necessity as far as I am concerned. Disasters bring out the worst in some people. They do nothing to prepare and when a disaster hits they expect the government to help them. If the government is not right there the looting begins. These people attempt to steal what others have made ready. Other people are just nasty and see disasters as a good time to steal and do other lawless things. Having a weapon to protect yourself and your supplies is not a bad idea. What type of weapon should you have? I think that a shotgun is the best. Anyone in the family that knows anything about firearms can hit what they shoot at with a shotgun. If you are burying your weapon with your other supplies and do not have room for a long gun I would recommend a good sidearm, possibly a .357 or .45 caliber. Either revolver or semi-auto is fine, whatever you are the most comfortable. Do not forget to have ammo for whatever weapon you decide on.

Those are the basics that you need. I could go into a lot more, but for a short time after a natural disaster you can get by with this type of readiness. You may want to get involved in politics this year to try to keep the wrong people out of the white house and congress. For more political information, see my other blog at http://therealamericanpolitics.blogspot.com. In the meanwhile I will try my best to get back to this blog next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home